Thursday, December 22, 2005

Who? What?

I have a million reasons NOT to be online right now, but yet...Here I am.
I'm so good at procrastinating, it should be my job.

So what's been going on since my last (temporarily insane) post?
So much.

We moved into an incredible home. I've got a million ideas on how to decorate it, I just lack the time and money. But I'll get there. Our white walls stare at me everyday, but for now, I'm just staring right back at them.

Isaac started teething. No sight of teeth yet, but all the signs are there, and boy....Are they fun.

I completely horrified Lee by showing him that I know all the words to the "America's Funniest Home Videos" TV show. But then he horrified me right back by showing me the next day that he knows all the words to the Golden Girls theme. So we're even....Almost

I attempted to get Christmas Cards out. I spent two hours one day taking pictures and setting everything up. Then...I blinked my eyes and it was Dec 22 already and I still have nothing done. Maybe next year. So thank you to everyone who has sent me a card, if I weren't such a slacker, I would be sending you one right back.

I started my Christmas and hanuk...AHEM, started my HOLIDAY shopping, um....Oh, yesterday. Its hard to get into the holiday spirit when it's 85 degrees outside. Wearing flip flops doesn't translate into December weather. Now....If we had actual seasons, like winter, I would have gotten everything done in October, when it started snowing. Lee and I had the great Santa Clause debate. Since he grew up celebrating Hanukkah, he never had Santa, and thinks its a B.S. tradition. I can't imagine not having Santa, in fact, I kind of started to cry when he said he didn't want to celebrate with Santa. So I win, Santa it is. I promised Lee that he will learn to love it and I think he already does.

We attempted to go to Lee's Holiday Party for work. We got all dolled up, and his boss convinced him to bring Isaac, since we don't have a sitter yet. Lee was none too happy about it, he was tired and just wanted to stay home. But I needed it. He doesn't understand that I need other adults to talk to, or that I almost pass out with excitement when the man behind the deli counter starts a conversation. I was all excited for adult time, with adult conversation. Really...I was just excited to shave my legs and throw on some make-up. We were there for about an hour when Isaac decided it was time to go. He began to freak out, so...out the door we went. It was fun while it lasted.

And now...I'm packing to fly back to New Orleans for a few days. I feel like I've been drinking. I have no idea how to feel about it. While I have never been so excited to go home before, I'm also trying to brace myself because it's not the city that I remember. The airport we're flying into is the one that was set up as a makeshift hospital after Katrina. I can't imagine how many people died there. My dad wants to drive around and show us the city, but I just don't think I can. Not yet. I want this trip to be remembered as a happy one. It's Isaac's first Christmas, and the first time that my friends will meet him. Although, I am curious.

Now that this is the most boring entry I've ever read, I'm going to end it.
I have to finish packing, finish shopping ( yes, there's still more) and stare at the white walls some more.